Room 2, Makarewa School, Year 1-3. teacher: Dianne Cowan.
The topic for this Lego movie came from Kaycee’s free choice writing. This is a time in the classroom writing programme when children can write on topic of their own interest.
Quote from Kaycee – “ We were having our school Pet Show soon and taking about our pets and what they did and how they looked. So that made me want to write a story in my free choice writing time about how Emma and her lamb were best friends.”
• I wrote the story in my free choice writing time and I published it on the computer.
• We were making Lego movies in the classroom for topic so I thought it would be cool to make a movie of my story so the other kids could see it.
• I got my Lego organized and I took my shots they way I was shown.
• I added my effects after that like the music and the background and other stuff.
• I played it to the teacher and she made some suggestions on how I could make it better for my audience.
• I went away and edited my movie.
• Final check in with teacher.
• Presentation to the class and teacher.