Hillside School, Room 1, Year 7&8
The documentary was part of an inquiry about heroes. The students had researched the topic of the ANZACS and how they were heroes. As part of this research the group interviewed a variety of people about different aspects of remembering war heroes through memorials, special days etc.
• The students researched the ANZAC’s using a range of resources.
• Using a range of note taking strategies the students sorted information and wrote reports, diaries and poems.
• They decided that a documentary would be an effective way to convey information, ideas and emotions about ANZAC Day.
• In groups they planned the main information to de included in each documentary by creating storyboards.
• Scripts were developed by the students to include information for each scene. They then added visual and audio enhancement to support their script.
• The students set up and filmed each section independently.
• Editing was carried out under supervision.