Room 9, Winton School, Year 7&8. Teacher: Julie Mynes.
Use digital media to share with others an area of the History of Winton School from our Term 2 Inquiry Topic
- Read old architecture plans and convert measurements from yards & feet, to inches, to metres and centimetres.
- use minecraft tools to re-create a historical building of our school.
- use tellagami as a tour guide to guide our audience through a building, sharing facts learnt from our topic
- export video footage from one device to a timeline in iMovies.
- use green screen and editing skills
- edit audio files to reduce background noise of other elements to create a clear message.
- problem solve how to record minecraft from an iPad screen before exporting into iMovie (this was done using AirServer from iPad to Macbook)
- work co-operatively to complete a projectIn Term 2, we were studying Winton School and its history. We both took an interest in the architectual drawings of the original 'H' Building on the main street of Winton. Before we could start we had to overcome a few problems, such as converting from old measurements (yards, feet, inches) to new measurements (m, cm). We used our maths skills to calculate all conversions before re-creating the old school buildings using Minecraft. Tellagami is a new app learnt this year, so we thought we would use it instead of ourselves in green/screen. Timing our voice to fit within the minecraft video tour was tricky at times and we had to re-record a number of times.