Room 11, Winton School. Year 7 and 8. Teacher: Julie Mynes
LEARNING INTENTIONS :
-to inform children how to wear a helmet correctly and of the consequences if it isn't followed.
- learn how to use an iPhone and an iPad to video scenes from a variety of angles
- email/cloud upload photographs or footage taken from other devices and bring together on the iMovies app timeline using an iPad Mini.
- take photos from different angles to show people exactly how to wear their helmet correctly.
- learn how to trim clips by stroking down on the red position line in the project timeline
- insert voices over existing clips within the iMovie project
PROCESS OF THE PROJECT :
In Term 2 we complete a topic of learning around Road Safety, which included scooter and bike safety, with a focus on the importance of wearing a helmet. This came about because a number of parents in our community were concerned about scooter/bike safety and came to speak through the PTA. We also carried out a statistical investigation using survey monkey into peoples opinion and knowledge of wearing a helmet.
Term 3 we purchased 50 new iPad minis for our school. Learning how to use the iMove app was our focus. We planned a detailed story board and script before recording the bike scene and instructional photos to show the 2-4-1 method. Titles and transitions were added too. We also used the online resources from SafeKids NZ.